Sunday, January 18, 2009

3... 2... 1

   So, we leave tomorrow. It really doesn't feel any different to say than "We leave in 2 months... 1 month... a week...". To me, its still the unkown lurking behind that Jan 19th square on the calendar. I think its about time to go already. The preparation has spanned over multiple months, a few sleepless nights (for me at least), a good chunk of change, and about three too many visits to REI. That's just once we decided to actually go, not to mention the time deciding if this type of thing was a logical (still TBD) move in life. I've gone through millions of scenerios in my head, likely none of which will happen, and none of which I am prepared for anyway. I know a lot of useless information about the places I am going to go, yet I have little to no useful knowledge of how I will feed or shelter myself. 
   Multiple people have told me to "just go already", so that at least I can tell them a entertaining story rather than discuss how many pairs of socks I need to pack. Thanks to the many friends and family members for being there and helping us get ready, couldn't have done it with out you. With that, we are off... Next stop: Belize.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a national park east from Cartagena along the coast. I can't remember the name, but it is pretty cool and calm. Also check out the islands off the coast. The boats leave from the harbor just across the road from old town. Don't buy a package tour from the touts. Columbia is pretty safe, no more dangerous than SF.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you included a countdown in this post and skipped directly over "2 WEEKS". Bad form, dude.